1) Can I make my own breadfruit flour?
R: YES, you can: There is a process. The information can be found in the Breadfruit Recipes Sweet And Savoury book also the E-book. There is a recipe for making my ready instant breadfruit meal that is used in making my recipes.
2) Is breadfruit good for you?
R: A) YES: Breadfruit is very nutritious. It is gluten-free and rich in potassium and fiber; most of the calories in Breadfruit come from healthy carbohydrates. Breadfruit is nutritious and a multifunctional fruit to be utilized any day of the week. It provides potassium and other minerals and vitamins.
B) There are 60 grams of carbs in a one-cup serving. About 24 grams come from naturally occurring sugar, and roughly the same amount comes from starch. You’ll also benefit from 11 grams of fiber.
3) What are the different ways to cook breadfruit?
Bring to a boil on high flame, then reduce to medium flame cook for approximately ten to fifteen minutes remove from flame, pour off water and allow to cool before peeling. .
2) BAKING IN THE OVEN
3) WRAPPED IN FOIL AND ROASTED STOVE TOP
4) OUTDOOR ROASTING ON COAL FIRE
(4) How to preserve and store the Breadfruit?
FREEZING IS MY NATURAL WAY OF PRESERVING THE BREADFRUIT
5) Is Breadfruit free of gluten?
R: Breadfruit is gluten-free. People that are gluten intolerant can benefit. It’s an alternative to wheat flour and rice. Breadfruit is flavor neutral, making it a choice replacement for rice with dinner and cereal for breakfast and healthy mixes for sweet and savory treats. Breadfruit is an egg replacer in certain recipes in the book.
6) Can I travel to the USA with the Breadfruit?
R: The last time I checked, there are no restrictions on traveling to the USA. It has to be cooked. Rules change from time to time. To be sure check to make sure it’s ok to travel with it
* The information can be found in the BREADFRUIT RECIPE BOOK page44
* Breadfruit meal that is used in making many OF my recipes